Wheatgrass Benefits: 10 Reasons to Enjoy
Organic wheatgrass is regarded as a super potent health food with amazing benefits. It's considered to be a “living food.” Health enthusiasts have long raved about the countless benefits of this plant, and for good reason. It can be used as an everyday health tonic and may even help treat specific diseases. More research is needed to truly determine its efficacy, but researchers agree that wheatgrass has potential. Keep reading to discover the possible healing benefits of wheatgrass.
1. It’s a superfood. Wheatgrass is packed with a powerful combination of nutrients, and this makes it extremely useful to your health. It has many therapeutic benefits and is known as complete nourishment. Its extensive combination of vitamins and nutrients may make wheatgrass an exceptional choice to enhance your well-being. Wheatgrass has antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It contains: iron calcium enzymes magnesium phytonutrients 17 amino acids vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex chlorophyll proteins.
2. It can eliminate toxins. The nutrients in wheatgrass aid your body in getting rid of impurities and stored toxins, according to 2015 research Trusted Source. For example, chlorophyll aids in the removal of toxic substances and helps support healthy liver function, per a 2011 research review. Once your body is cleansed, you may see an increase in energy levels and better health overall.
3. It can help with digestion. Wheatgrass has high levels of enzymes that aid in digestion by helping your body to break down food and absorb nutrients. This can help with digestion, according to the previously mentioned 2011 research review. The detox effects of wheatgrass clean your intestines. This helps you experience less gas, bloating, and abdominal discomfort. Wheatgrass may also help relieve constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and other digestive issues, per the 2015 research Trusted Source mentioned earlier.
4. It can boost your metabolism. Drinking wheatgrass can boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss. It’s a good choice if you’re watching your weight, because it’s low in calories and has no fat. Wheatgrass is a nutrient-dense food, leading many people to feel fuller faster and stay full for longer. This can help reduce your desire for foods that are high in sugar or fat.
5. It can lower your cholesterol Wheatgrass is also known to lower cholesterol levels. Losing weight can also help you lower cholesterol levels, which can make you less at risk for developing heart disease.
6. It can boost your immune system. Wheatgrass enhances the function of your immune system. This can help ward off infection and disease. Plus, you’ll likely feel better when your immunity is performing at optimal levels. If you do get some type of illness, having a strong immune system can help you recover more quickly.
7. It can give you energy. Your energy levels may be higher than usual from the nourishment you receive. Once your body has cleared out harmful substances, your energy can be directed toward performing daily tasks and exercising. You may feel rejuvenated and refreshed.
8. It can improve cognitive function. Wheatgrass may improve overall mental function and relieve anxiety. Its neuroprotective effects allow for better cognitive function and may help ward off and treat Alzheimer’s disease. It may also help prevent memory loss and improve hand-eye coordination.
9. It can help with diabetes. Wheatgrass has been shown to improve blood sugar levels in rats with Type II diabetes. This is, in part, because wheatgrass has compounds that have an effect similar to insulin. It lowers the glycemic index of foods, which has a positive effect on blood sugar levels.
10. It can help with arthritis. Wheatgrass may have anti-inflammatory properties, according to the 2011 research mentioned earlier. This may help ease some of the symptoms of arthritis, such as stiffness, pain, and swelling. It may result in less discomfort and improved function.